Whether you are into video games for the sheer thrill of it or developing a keen interest about the designing process, you must have surely wondered at some point about the exact procedures that are involved in creating these products. Video game designing is one of the most interesting technologies in today's time which is why this whole field has also emerged as the most sought after career choice amongst today's generation.
The Step By Step Process of Game Designing:
• Conceptualization - The first step in the development of any game starts with its conceptual part. Much before a video game is programmed the concept is actually put down on paper. The basic theme is brainstormed and developed by a group of creative designers who work in a team to visualize a rough sketch of the characters and the focal features of the game.
• Characterization - Once the basic theme is conceptualized, it is passed onto animation experts who translate the personality and features of the characters into 3D versions. A lot of graphic designing work is involved in this process during which each and every feature, movement and gesture of the characters are sketched out, sculpted or video captured from real life models to get all the animation elements perfectly accurate and as real as possible.
• Virtual Game World Development - While the characters are one of the main aspects of designing, the development of the game world is equally important. These aspects, the characters and the gaming world that they are portrayed in are the two most crucial elements which are the deciders of its popularity. The better the creation and animation of these elements the more real and life-like are the final result which adds to the whole thrilling experience for gamers.
• Coding - Once the creative designing part is over, it's time for the computer programmers to take over and make the characters and the game world work beautifully and smoothly through an intricate coding system. The coding part of the video game can be simply understood as adding the artificial intelligence element in order to make it actually function as a video game.
• Testing - Testing is one of the most crucial stages and most video games are sent back and forth through testers and designers until all the elements are passed. While each and every feature is paid minute attention in this step, testers broadly try to detect any form of animation and sound malfunctions as well as coding errors in it.
There are scores of video game designing companies across the world who have gaming professionals specialized in each of the specific aspect of video game designing. Once these games pass the testing process they are ready to be distributed in the market but their popularity is largely dependent on the manner of promotion of the product which brings us to the final step of their development. So the next time you are playing a game think about these steps and the large number of people who come together to bring these highly entertaining and technologically advanced games to your home!